In view of the currently banned visits by external persons at Nadezhda Hospital, we recommend:
What do we provide
- Sleepers specially designed for your stay;
- A robe for walking outside – plush. It is not intended for bath;
- A carrier with personal supplies (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, towel and a packet of lactation stimulating tea);
- Shampoo and shower gel in a dispenser in the shower stall;
- Liquid soap;
- Breast pump – mechanical breast pumps and one electric breast pump that are sterilized in the hospital sterilization unit at 121 degrees.
In the canteen on the 2nd and 3rd floor wards and in the intensive care unit there are:
- Water machine with special 5 stage filtration system for cold and hot water – pre-filter + + + . Latest generation filters, no sand and rust, no chlorine and other chemicals, no viruses and bacteria;
- Coffee machine and coffee;
Food is served in the canteen in china plates and cutlery is metal, but in pandemic conditions and stricter safety measures, food is served in boxes and with disposable cutlery in the rooms.
Every day you can choose the next day’s food from two different menus or do a combination of them. In case of a more specific diet, you can discuss with your doctor and midwife what the possibilities are for preparing a separate menu.
FOR YOUR BABY
- Cotton clothes;
- Disposable diapers;
- Baby wet wipes;
- High quality baby hypoallergenic cosmetics;
- Different formulas (brands) of infant formula milk if needed.
You can choose to have your baby spend the whole time with you in the room. In this case, disposable nappies, wet wipes and clothes will be provided in the room. You may also bring your child back to the Neonatology Department for basic toileting and medical check-ups and take him/her back to you.
What we recommend you to take with you from home
Although at Nadezhda we provide everything you need for a pleasant and comfortable stay after the birth, as well as the necessary medical supplies for you and the newborn, there are still things that you will need or prefer to take with you from home. Maternity Department:
- ID card;
- Exchange card from Antenatal Consultation;
- Hospitalization referral N. 7 issued by the Antenatal Consultation Unit (in the event of emergency admission, the referral is issued by the hospital);
- Document certifying marital status:
– In case of civil marriage – copy of the certificate of civil marriage with the father of the baby;
– In case of de facto cohabitation – notarized declaration of acknowledgement of the child by the father in original. It shall be prepared and submitted within 48 hours (by law) after the birth of the child and shall be submitted to the Information Sector. Such a declaration of acknowledgement may also be made before the birth of the child, in which case the child’s name shall not be mentioned. Notaries have the necessary forms and the father does not need to prepare any text for the declaration;
– In case of divorce, a copy of the divorce decree from the Court with number and date;
– In the absence of a partner to adopt the born child, according to the legal regulation of the Republic of Bulgaria you have the right, if your father is alive and willing to declare that he agrees that your child should bear his names, a notarized declaration from him is necessary.
– Widow – a copy of the death certificate;
5. A photocopy of the dad’s ID card, needed to make the child’s birth announcement.
- Microbiology confirming a clean vaginal swab no older than 1 month prior to the due date;
- Virology ( Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Wasserman, HIV) – original document with signature and stamp from the laboratory where you had the tests. Please note their statute of limitations: testing for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV has a 6 month statute of limitations and for Wasserman – 3 months;
- Blood group confirmed by signature and stamp.
- Reusable water bottle;
- Flip-flops and/or slippers;
- Bath towel;
- Pads – highly absorbent, nighttime recommended (4 packets);
- Cell phone and charger;
- Breast Pads;
- Nipple Cream;
- Nipple protectors in case yours are dimpled;
- Personal Cosmetics;
- Cotton underwear,
- Nursing bra;
- Lenses or glasses (if you wear them);
- Protective masks (in case of a worsened epidemiological situation).
FOR THE BABY
- Blanket, baby port or swaddling clothes;
- Clothes for the baby according to the season;
- Baby car basket (carried by the father at discharge).
- Clothes and shoes for discharge;
- Outerwear for you.
IMPORTANT! In the event of an epidemic, please prepare discharge clothing for you and your baby in advance if possible. Fetch them when you arrive at the hospital. We recommend that you limit your luggage to the essentials.