Dr Boris Dimitrov
Dr Boris Dimitrov is a specialist in pediatric cardiology, interventional cardiology and pediatric ultrasonography.
He completed a specialty in Paediatric Diseases in 1988, and in 1992 a specialty in Paediatric Cardiology. He specialized in intensive care after cardiac surgery in children in Prague in 1989. He was awarded a certificate in Invasive Cardiology in 2005.
His professional career began at the District Hospital Dupnitsa as a pediatrician in the period 1982-1985. Subsequently, for almost 20 years, he worked at the National Cardiology Hospital, and from 2008 to 2022, he was a senior consultant at the National Cardiology Center in Muscat, Oman.
The main activity of Dr Dimitrov is in the following areas:
- Consultations of children with congenital heart malformations – diagnosis, treatment, follow-up prior to and post-surgical treatment;
- Consultation of children with other cardiac diseases, such as cardiomyopathies, myopericarditis, rhythm-conduction disorders, etc.;
- Consultation of children with other diseases, where the cardiovascular system may be affected;
- Consultation of children after COVID, the so-called MIS-C syndrome;
- Consultation of newborn children with symptoms of heart disease or pulmonary hypertension;
- Consultation of adult patients with congenital heart malformations;
- Ultrasonography, including transesophageal ultrasonography;
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization;
- Interventional transcatheter cardiac procedures;
- CT reading of the cardiovascular system.